This course deals with the basics of the control of infection in a workplace setting.
Who should attend:
The course is aimed at staff in any workplace setting where infection control and personal hygiene are an important factor. This course is particularly suitable for healthcare staff.
- Regulations and Guidelines
- Employee & Employer responsibilities
- Importance of personal hygiene for staff
- How infection is spread
- Good practice in minimising the spread of infection
- Hand Hygiene Personal Protective Equipment
- Waste Disposal
- Bacteria V Virus
- Current trends in common diseases
- This course should help you to understand:
- How the regulations relate to you and your employer in the control of infection
- Practical steps to minimise infection in your workplace
- The importance of hand washing procedures
- The use of PPE to protect ourselves and minimise cross contamination
- How to deal with different types of waste
- The differences between a bacteria and a virus
- Common types of diseases and precautions we need to take
Candidates are expected to contribute fully throughout the session in discussions as this will form part of the overall assessment.
Duration of the Course:
This course can be delivered as a non accredited awareness session in 4 hours.