Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Types of abuse
- Who is a vulnerable adult?
- Who is an abuser?
- Recognising abuse: signs & symptoms
- Guidelines for dealing with abuse
- Department of Health – ‘No Secrets’
- Dealing with Disclosure
- Reporting procedures
This course is aimed at
- Anyone who looks after an individual classified as ‘vulnerable’
- Anyone in a voluntary organization who needs to be aware of POVA guidelines
- Any interested party wanting to gain more knowledge
- Anyone requiring a speaker to talk about the subject
This course is delivered over half a day or can be repeated twice in one day. It is delivered at your workplace or a suitable venue nearby for up to 15 people. A suitable induction session for new staff.
This course can also be extended by 2 hours and include the Protection of Children Act (POCA). Full details can be discussed with organisations where this is required.